InstilBio Inc, a cell therapy company focused on solid tumors, has recently acquired Immetacyte Ltd. InstilBio is developing patient specific immunotherapies in oncology, allowing the patient’s own immune system to be harnessed to fight cancer. The world-renowned team and its scientific advisors/investors have tremendous experience and track record in technology discovery, process development, GMP manufacturing and clinical operations with a track record of developing and gaining approval for successful cell therapies.
We have built upon the expertise of researchers who have successfully undertaken scientific and clinical research alongside Professor Robert Hawkins. Professor Hawkins is a leader in the field having undertaken several complex research projects and clinical trials involving: TIL, CAR-T, TCR based T cell therapies, cell selection, gene therapy, expansion of patient derived cells.
Recent significant investments in InstilBio are enabling the company to undertake Phase 2/3 to registrational clinical trials in melanoma. Further trials are planned in other solid tumor indications and using gene-modified approaches to build a pipeline of TIL-based therapies.
Instil Bio is seeking a driven and experienced Warehouse Manager for our Thousand Oaks location.
The successful candidate will need to be both an expert in warehousing practices and processes to help develop warehouse space but also fully own daily warehouse tasks. They are accountable for receipt, inspection, storage and movements of all materials, consumables and spare parts across the Thousand Oaks Instil facility and warehouse. Inbound and outbound freight will also form part of the role accountabilities
The candidate will also lead activities to further develop material management processes, inventory management and help plan out the warehouse space and flow in the TO facility or in a future site while aligning with best practices at our UK facility.
This position will routinely interact with Collaborate with Manufacturing, Clinical Operations, Research, Product Development, Engineering and Facilities departments to receive, store, and move materials, consumables and equipment spare parts in the TO facility and warehouse.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Set up and manage warehouse locations within the TO facility and potentially the Tarzana facility including designations and sizing of storage locations for users/departments
- Recruit, lead and manage a team of warehouse operators ensuring full coverage for all production, PD and facilities related requirements
- Timely receipt of inbound materials in the purchasing system to ensure closure of the PO process.
- Perform visual inspection or assist in any material testing preparation of incoming materials.
- Address any discrepancies in material receipts vs orders and lead communication with both internal owners and the Amici purchasing team.
- Establish designated warehouse spaces for multiple departments.
- Materials and inventory management of PPE, critical facility related items (compressed gasses, etc) and other general use items or as needed.
- Work with third party logistics providers to create and optimise inbound and outbound materials, equipment and spare parts deliveries
- Establish effective inbound material flows including appropriate control of quarantine locations in conjunction with quality
- Effective collaboration and communication with multiple departments to ensure a smooth flow of materials from the warehouse to designated storage or use areas.
- Work with the Facilities and Engineering teams to ensure availability of all required spare parts (for both planned and unplanned maintenance activities)
- Set up and manage a process to introduce new materials to the warehouse area.
- Accountable for all outbound material flows from the warehouse.
- Work with team to improve materials management processes and systems including a Warehouse Management System and warehouse related activities in a future ERP system implementation (eg Net Suite)
- Lead liaison activities with building owners to ensure appropriate warehouse facility support
- Lead future facility design to ensure appropriate and scalable materials storage and flow.
- Accountable for all warehouse EH&S requirements including licences, audits, risk assessments and training of staff
- Participation in any accident investigations at the time of event and follow up
- To ensure warehouse staff training is clearly defined, documented and performed according to the Quality Management System Training policies
- Management of warehouse facilities
- Direct management of warehouse staff
Requirements and Recommendations:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with several teams simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure in a complex environment
- It is critical that you have:
- [Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a controlled warehouse environment
- Experience working with 3PL logistics providers
- Experience working with a Warehouse Management System
- Experience training personnel in warehouse management practices
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- All EH&S standards associated with running a warehouse
- Personal Skills:
- A team player who can be the center of a team environment,
- Motivation of colleagues to maintain high standards whilst maintain a strong team environment
- Highly collaborative and responsible person who is able to both lead yet is willing and able to do the executional work.