Instil Bio is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to join us as a technician in the Quality Control organization. Initially as part of the start-up activities, you will be responsible for establishment and set-up of the QC testing laboratories in Tarzana area. As the site transitions into operation, you will primarily be responsible for providing technical expertise, testing and release of product, package material, raw material used in the production of Instil Bio’s cell therapy product.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Responsible for receiving the raw materials from Vendors. Inspect and release the material for testing and distribute the materials to internal and external QC Labs
- Perform testing of raw materials, intermediates and final products by following analytical and microbiological Compendial methods (pH, Osmolality, Conductivity etc)
- Review final material packets and submit to QA for final disposition
- Maintain internal and external test results, and work with internal departments on timely raw material release.
- Maintain, calibrate and operate equipment and instruments in the QC laboratory
- Order and maintain inventory of reagents and consumables in the QC laboratory
- Monitor and trend data, complete routine record review of test data and related documents for raw materials and final product release.
- If necessary, ship the materials to outside testing labs
- Work independently with minimal supervision and ability to identify, effectively communicate, and troubleshoot issues.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Associate Degree with 3+ years of experience or Bachelor Degree with 0+ year of experience
- Experience with operating under GMP.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, data analysis software, and other related applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Occasional weekends or holiday coverage required.