We are seeking a Reliability Engineering Managerto oversee the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) operations of a laboratory and tissue processing facility in Thousand Oaks, California. In addition to the Thousand Oaks facility’s oversight activities, this position will also assist in the design, construction and operation of the company’s future facility for clinical and commercial manufacturing in Tarzana, California.
As the Reliability Engineering Manager duties will include: Working with the Sr. Director for Corporate Facilities to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), standards and processes around calibrations, preventive maintenance, computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), equipment management system (EMS), maintenance repair & overhaul (MRO) and reliability engineering. This includes:
- Hiring the workforce needed to support department.
- Development of preventive maintenance procedures.
- Development of calibration procedures.
- Develop and maintain MRO inventory.
- Schedule corrective and preventive work orders.
- Schedule calibrations.
- Act as the System Administrator for the CMMS; Amici Asset Management Module
- Act as the System Administrator for EMS; Fisher Scientific Smart Vue
- Evaluate CMMS data to improve reliability of critical equipment.
- Develop metrics around PMs, Calibrations, OOTs, Equipment Failures, MRO.
- In collaboration with Facilities Manager, coordinate outside vendor activities.
- Act as department SOP owner.
- Act as department CAPA owner.
- Provide clerical support to Facilities and Engineering teams
- Identify and implement corporate CMMS system.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelors of Science degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of experience working in an FDA regulated environment
- A working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems; Blue Mountain a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proven leadership and development of staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multitask and exercise good judgment
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment and maintain a high level of customer service
- Detailed oriented with good follow-up skills
- Proficient in computer usage with standard business software