About Instil Bio
Instil Bio is a cell therapy company developing tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for the treatment of solid tumor cancers. TIL are a patient’s own T cells harvested from the patient’s tumor, which are then expanded and reinfused into the patient to target and kill cancer cells. Instil is advancing its proprietary TIL manufacturing expertise, technology, and data into clinical trials, including a planned registrational study with its lead candidate and a first-in-human study of its next-generation engineered TIL. The company is led by world-class cell therapy experts and backed by premier global institutional investors.
Instil Bio UK is Instil’s rapidly-growing, Manchester UK-based subsidiary. Our Manchester subsidiary has significant R&D, process development, and clinical manufacturing capabilities, with approximately 35 staff expanding to > 100 staff. Instil Bio UK has been generating cell therapy products for patient use since 2011, including TIL products and external partner genetically engineered T cell products.
Training and Development Manager
This is a truly matrix/cross-functional role where the training manager will pro-actively build relationships within the Technical Operations Teams to provide a full technical training and development service. There may also be key interactions with external training providers and other regulatory bodies.
This role is to manage the whole training and development cycle for technical training within the Technical Operations function. This will include training needs analysis, training design, training delivery and evaluation. This will cover e-learning, practical training as well as classroom-based training.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
As the Training and Development Manager you will be the onsite subject matter expert as a resource to support defining training procedures and KPIs, key activities will include:
• Building effective cross-functional relationships
• Championing a culture of exceptional teamwork and communication across the organization
• Ensuring a culture that embraces the safety of the work environment and the safety of the patients by compliance with company procedures and policies, and cGMP requirements
• Develop and deploy manufacturing new hire training program
• Revising and developing manufacturing training programs for clinical cell therapy products
• Establishing department goals, tracking, and reporting KPIs, and driving continuous improvement efforts with regards to training and proficiency
• Designing and operating training management systems that are technically sound, promoting effective and efficient operations, and complying with cGMP requirements
Relevant Education Skills and Experience
• Requires strong interpersonal skills which enable appropriate collaboration with trainees, colleagues, and subject-matter experts
• Ability to work in an aseptic environment requiring successful completion of qualification program.
• Bachelors / Masters in relevant science or engineering discipline
• 8+ years of experience in cGMP biologics or cell therapy manufacturing or training, experience in Quality Assurance a plus.
• Proven experience of recruiting a top-class Training & Development Team
• Proven experience of building and leading exceptional teams
• Proven experience of using continuous improvement to provide quality technical programmes
• Intermediate knowledge of GMP guidance and regulations, particularly those pertaining to GMP training, personnel, and documentation practices
• Highly organised
• Exceptional Time Management
• Advanced skills in using Office 365 and other bespoke IT systems
Whilst by no means essential any prior experience of cell therapy may be an advantage.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary for the Training and Development Manager will be competitive within the Biotechnology and wider Scientific sector with actual salary offered reflecting relevant qualifications and experience as well as performance at interview. In any event we anticipate a salary in the £40,000 to £50,000 range together with an attractive bonus and benefits package.
If you would like to join us as Training and Development Manager at this critical time in our development and you think your skills and experience are a good fit for this role apply with a current CV and we’ll get back to you within a day or two.