About Instil Bio
Instil Bio is a cell therapy company developing tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for the treatment of solid tumor cancers. TIL are a patient’s own T cells harvested from the patient’s tumor, which are then expanded and reinfused into the patient to target and kill cancer cells. Instil is advancing its proprietary TIL manufacturing expertise, technology, and data into clinical trials, including a planned registrational study with its lead candidate and a first-in-human study of its next-generation engineered TIL. The company is led by world-class cell therapy experts and backed by premier global institutional investors.
Instil Bio UK is Instil’s rapidly growing, Manchester UK-based subsidiary. Our Manchester subsidiary has significant R&D, process development, and clinical manufacturing capabilities, with approximately 35 staff expanding to > 100 staff. Instil Bio UK has been generating cell therapy products for patient use since 2011, including TIL products and external partner genetically engineered T cell products.
We are seeking a Production Planner to join the team in Manchester where you will be accountable for scheduling production in the CTU and Impact facilities in Grafton Street.
You will also lead activities to further planning practices including development of planning processes within an Enterprise Resource Planning system (e.g. Net Suite).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and manage the forward production plan including commercial, clinical trial, process development and R&D requirements
- Lead forward capacity planning activities to ensure materials, facilities and labour are available to meet required output
- Release production orders for resource and materials planning
- Lead any required replanning activities to address short term production issues or delays
- Close out production orders including reconciling consumption of raw materials and creation of finished production
- As part of a future S&OP process, work with the Procurement team to establish processes to review production related materials inventories and trigger appropriate resupply (including use of dynamic safety stocks)
- Accountable for all supplier related audit activities and actions
Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with several teams simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure in a complex environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in planning
- Experience planning a complex dynamic manufacturing process.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Planning processes
- A team player who can be the centre of a team environment,
- Motivation of colleagues to maintain high standards whilst maintain a strong team environment
- Previous industry work experience in pharmaceuticals or medical devices
- APICS qualification preferred.
- Knowledge of Net Suite / Oracle preferred.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary for the Production Planner will be competitive within the Biotechnology and wider Scientific Sector offered together with an attractive bonus and benefits package. The actual salary offered will reflect relevant qualifications and experience as well as performance at interview. In any event we anticipate a basic salary in the £45,000 to £55,000 range.
If you would like to join us as a Production Planner at this critical time in our development and you think your skills and experience are a good fit for this role, apply with a current CV and we’ll get back to you within a day or two.
If you would like to find out more about Instil Bio UK and our roadmap – there is plenty of opportunity for an informal fact-finding chat once you make your application.