Due to expansion of our GMP facility we now have multiple opportunities for GMP Technicians – Cell Therapy to join the business. As a graduate of Biological Science you will use your practical experience of cell biology to perform GMP standard cell culture and associated assays in state of the art laboratories and clean rooms. The GMP facility is in a growth phase and will shortly transition to shift system with enhanced pay. Flexibility to work a shift pattern is essential but in return we offer excellent training and a competitive salary and rewards package.
Instil Bio (UK) – Introduction
Instil Bio is a cell therapy company developing tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for the treatment of solid tumor cancers. TIL are a patient’s own T cells harvested from the patient’s tumor, which are then expanded and reinfused into the patient to target and kill cancer cells. Instil is advancing its proprietary TIL manufacturing expertise, technology, and data into clinical trials, including a planned registrational study with its lead candidate and a first-in-human study of its next-generation engineered TIL. The company is led by world-class cell therapy experts and backed by premier global institutional investors.
Instil Bio UK is Instil’s rapidly-growing, Manchester UK-based subsidiary. Our Manchester subsidiary has significant R&D, process development, and clinical manufacturing capabilities, with approximately 35 staff expanding to > 100 staff. Instil Bio UK has been generating cell therapy products for patient use since 2011, including TIL products and external partner genetically engineered T cell products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The GMP Technician – Cell Therapy will be required to:
- Perform GMP (Good Manufacturing Process) cell culture and the associated GMP assays within a laboratory, clean room or Aseptic Isolator
- Undertake validation studies of processes and equipment as required
- Perform standard operating policies & procedures (SOP’s) and novel technology transfer processes, including state of the art techniques developed in cell culture, flow cytometry and a range of biological assays
- Produce and review technical documentation (SOPs, MPDs, etc) as part of the InstilBio quality system
- Clearly and accurately record/transcribe and communicate translational & GxP procedures
- Perform critical checks of the records of fellow staff and external contractors/suppliers
- Be aware of the regulatory requirements (GMP, GCP etc) relevant to CTL and to ensure compliance with the regulations
- Prepare materials and reagents as required
- Order equipment & consumables and perform routine stock checks to maintain levels of critical stock, as well as communicating with suppliers and sourcing new consumables/equipment as required
- Perform routine operation, testing and maintenance checks of laboratory equipment
- Arrange for equipment calibration, maintenance and repair with external contractors
- Ensure critical samples are safely delivered to external testing facilities
- Perform laboratory housekeeping including COSHH and Risk assessments
- Carry out regular facility cleaning, monitoring and disposal of waste.
Skills & Experience
- A graduate degree level in a biological science related discipline
- A basic knowledge of biomedicine and practical experience in cell biology and the associated assays
- Experience of working within a group whilst also maintaining individual responsibility with minimal active management
- Evidence of professional development within the field of biomedical science by demonstrating an active career path
- Flexible approach to working
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills –written and oral
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co workers and supervisors
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of both written and activities performed
- Previous experience in:
- Cell therapy
- Genetic/protein engineering
- Flow cytometry
- Professional Registration in an appropriate subject area
- GMP, Quality Control or quality assurance in the field of Biomedicine or related field
- Understanding of the role of the MHRA, HTA and H&SE in Good Manufacturing Practice
- Organisational skills demonstrating an ability to perform complex multistage procedures within a group and as an individual
Remuneration and Benefits
The salaries for these roles are competitive within the Biotechnology and wider scientific sector. In any event we anticipate successful applicants achieving initial offers in the £22,500 to £25,000 range rising to c£26,000 after a short training period. In addition these roles will transition to a shift system and attract a shift allowance. Instil Bio (UK) also offers all employees an attractive benefits package.
In terms of personal development you can expect to benefit from great training and development as we scale the business and need staff who are keen to grow their professional skills and take on responsibility as the company continues to grow. The GMP facility is an essential aspect of the business and we anticipate significant opportunity for progression.
If you would like to join us as a GMP Technician – Cell Therapy at this exciting time in our development and you think your skills and experience are a good fit for this role apply with a current CV and we’ll get back to you within a day or two.