About Instil Bio
Instil Bio is a cell therapy company developing tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for the treatment of solid tumor cancers. TIL are a patient’s own T cells harvested from the patient’s tumor, which are then expanded and reinfused into the patient to target and kill cancer cells. Instil is advancing its proprietary TIL manufacturing expertise, technology, and data into clinical trials, including a planned registrational study with its lead candidate and a first-in-human study of its next-generation engineered TIL. The company is led by world-class cell therapy experts and backed by premier global institutional investors.
Instil Bio UK is Instil’s rapidly growing, Manchester UK-based subsidiary. Our Manchester subsidiary has significant R&D, process development, and clinical manufacturing capabilities, with approximately 35 staff expanding to > 100 staff. Instil Bio UK has been generating cell therapy products for patient use since 2011, including TIL products and external partner genetically engineered T cell products.
Associate Scientist – MSAT
The MSAT team is a new and critical function within Instil Bio UK – the scientists in this team operate as our cGMP process stewards. By developing a deep scientific understanding of the manufacturing process, the MSAT Scientists support the manufacture and release of safe and effective product.
We now have several opportunities for Associate Scientists – MSAT to join our team and contribute to delivering a right-sized, risk-based, lean approach to commercial TIL manufacture.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Associate Director MSAT, UK, you will interact with all functions of the larger CMC team (MSAT, QC, QA, GMP Manufacturing, Facilities & Engineering).
Specific activities will include:
• Carry out Process Monitoring and Data Maintenance to ensure all data is globally available
• Assist in writing Deviation Impact Assessments to ensure appropriate level of impact is identified
• Assist in Root Cause Investigations to ensure root causes are appropriately identified and resolved
• Assist with writing Change Control & identifying Process Improvements to ensure appropriate changes are implemented
• Team member of Process Risk Assessment Team to ensure that risks are appropriately identified and mitigated
• Writes SOPs and batch Records to ensure appropriate documentation is available to manufacturing
• Take part in Laboratory investigations to contribute to root cause determination
Skills & Experience You Will Bring To The Team
To be successful in the role of Associate Scientist – MSAT it is likely you will hold a BSc or MSc degree in a Biological Science, Biotechnology, Immunology or related discipline. You will have gained experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment and developed the following skills:
• Statistical analysis of scientific data
• Conducting scientific investigations
• Laboratory operations – ideally involving cell culture and/or aseptic conditions
• Troubleshooting and problem solving
• Technical report writing
• Computer skills
• Strong verbal and written communication
As we progress through clinical stages to commercialisation the challenge for the MSAT team is achieving process excellence through strong positive technical leadership; influencing and shaping such that changes can occur by bringing colleagues and departments with us.
If you are the type of scientist or engineer that thrives on a challenge and you want to join us on the journey from Clinical Stages to Commercialisation – enhancing your expertise in the developing Cell Therapy field – then this is definitely an opportunity for you. And we’ll be delighted to hear from you.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary for the Associate Scientist – MSAT will be competitive within the Biotechnology and wider Scientific Sector with actual salary offered reflecting relevant qualifications and experience as well as performance at interview. In any event we anticipate a basic salary in the £26,000 to £36,000 range, offered together with an attractive bonus and benefits package.
If you would like to join us as an Associate Scientist – MSAT at this critical time in our development and you think your skills and experience are a good fit for this role, apply with a current CV and we’ll get back to you within a day or two.
If you would like to find out more about Instil Bio UK and our roadmap – there is plenty of opportunity for an informal fact-finding chat once you make your application.