About Instil Bio
Instil Bio is a cell therapy company developing tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for the treatment of solid tumor cancers. TIL are a patient’s own T cells harvested from the patient’s tumor, which are then expanded and reinfused into the patient to target and kill cancer cells. Instil is advancing its proprietary TIL manufacturing expertise, technology, and data into clinical trials, including a planned registrational study with its lead candidate and a first-in-human study of its next-generation engineered TIL. The company is led by world-class cell therapy experts and backed by premier global institutional investors.
Instil Bio UK is Instil’s rapidly-growing, Manchester UK-based subsidiary. Our Manchester subsidiary has significant R&D, process development, and clinical manufacturing capabilities, with approximately 35 staff expanding to > 100 staff. Instil Bio UK has been generating cell therapy products for patient use since 2011, including TIL products and external partner genetically engineered T cell products.
Analytical Development Scientists
Instil Bio UK are now recruiting a number of exceptionally talented Analytical Development Scientists to join the team in Manchester. In this role you will be responsible for providing scientific and technical expertise and performing laboratory-based studies to troubleshoot, qualify and transfer assays across multiple techniques including multi-parameter flow cytometry, biological potency assays and cell culture based assays.
Additionally, you will be responsible for routine execution of assays to support investigations in Clinical QC, analysing data for trend analysis in a cross functional collaborative setting and authoring technical reports. You will present data to colleagues and leadership. You will also be expected to train QC analysts and have familiarity with GMP, GLP, ICH guidelines and biopharmaceutical regulations for various regulatory bodies, such FDA and EMA.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
As an Analytical Development Scientist you will:
- Develop multicolour flow cytometry assays for multiple bio markers.
- Liaise on behalf of Analytical Sciences with Process Development and QC.
- Adapt and function in a dynamic and cross-functional environment.
- Self-motivated, technically driven, and willing to take on duties outside of general role.
- Present data and draft presentation and reports to support departmental goals.
- Interpret and communicate relevant developments in academic literature.
- Thinking creatively to challenge current understanding and help define process improvement and optimization opportunities.
- Author, review and approve, as appropriate, technical reports supporting the method lifecycle or unexpected results.
- Develop complex, fit-for-purpose methods to characterize the product or product intermediates.
- Provide testing support for the process development and manufacturing science and technology organization to support process development, process improvement, or investigations.
Relevant Education Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role of Analytical Development Scientist it is anticipated that you will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Ph.D. degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline
- Analytical, quality control, process development or process engineering experience in the cell therapy or biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry, biological potency assays and cell culture based assays
- Experience authoring, reviewing and implementing methods and/or standard operating procedures in the development and quality control environments
- Experience authoring technical reports summarize method development
- Knowledge of ICH Q2R1, and GMP
Whilst not essential it may be considered an advantage if you have:
- Experience in a quality control environment, or supporting QC
- Experience with validation, including setting acceptance criteria based on product and method performance
- Experience with cell-based bioassays
- Management experience
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary for the Analytical Development Scientist will be competitive within the Biotechnology and wider Scientific sector with actual salary offered reflecting relevant qualifications and experience as well as performance at interview. In any event we anticipate a salary in the £35,000 to £45,000 range together with an attractive bonus and benefits package.
If you would like to join us as Analytical Development Scientist at this critical time in our development and you think your skills and experience are a good fit for this role apply with a current CV and we’ll get back to you within a day or two.